Saturday, February 20, 2010

Get to know Todd Fane

I'm Todd Fane, I'm running for the Park Hill School District Board of Education in Kansas City, Missouri and I want your vote.

I grew up in St. Louis, Missouri and spent summers at my Grandmother’s farm in Bagley, Iowa. Attending Parkway South High School I excelled in Track and graduated with honors. I continued my education at Westminster College in Fulton, Missouri where I arrived with a solid academic year under my belt because of the AP benefits my High School offered. Graduating in 1991 with a triple major in Biology, Business Administration and Economics I began as a Finance Manager for a healthcare company based in Parkville, Missouri.

My career in finance continued to thrive at Southern Methodist University in Dallas, Texas, where I served as a Financial Officer for the University while acquiring my MBA from SMU’s Cox School of Business. It was this work experience that gave me insights into the intricacies of education; I learned the business side of providing an education while, at the same time, being a consumer of that same education.
My career has since spanned a diverse path of progressive responsibilities ranging from marketing, sales, operations and presently as the Director of IT at Truman Medical Center. In this position, I have had the privilege of leading a talented team that is dedicated to improving the efficiency and quality of care to our community.

While in college I developed my commitment to community involvement and organized an environmental group that reached out to elementary schools to educate on the importance of sustainability and preservation of our environment, created a campus wide recycling program and served as an Officer for Student Government. As a hospice volunteer I gained a deeper reverence for life. And as a participant in several sub-committees for the Park Hill School Board my community pride has grown as I experienced the quality of its leaders, educators and staff and the achievements of our students.

I believe I can make a difference … so I volunteer.

No comments:

Post a Comment